Atal Bihari Vajpayee Lifestyle
On Thursday August 17, 2018, India lost one of its gems former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpaye. The nation mourned with grief upon the demise of our former lovable and great prime minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Atal Bihari Vajpayee served the country as a prime minister thrice. He was conferred India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna, by the President of India in 2014.
We all are well aware of his contribution and his service to our motherland as the prime minister of India and an active member of Bhartiya Janta Party. But very few of us know some of the interesting facts about Atal Bihari Vajpayees’s early life, lifestyle ,dreams and interests and how he pursued his passion into reality. Atal Bihari Vajpayee led a simple lifestyle. He believed in simple living and high thinking.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Personal Life
Some of the interesting facts about his personal life are:
- Our former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was born to Krishna Devi and Krishna Bihari Vajpayee on December 25,1924 in Gwalior.
- He studied in Gwalior and Kanpur and was a post graduate in political science.
- His father was a poet and schoolmaster.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee remained a bachelor throughout his personal life and adopted Namita Bhattacharya as his daughter.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Early life
Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a true patriotic who loved his country since his early life. This is evident of the fact when he joined the Quit India Movement in 1942 against the British and got arrested for 23 days. He was a great leader, orator, poet and a prolific writer. He wrote so many proses all by his heart and mind since his early days.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Poems
- He had a keen interest in poetry and wrote so many books which are famous even today like India’s Man of Destiny (2001), Kucha Lekha, Kucha Bhashana (1996), Decisive Days (1999), Sakti Se Santi (1999), Nayi Disha(1995), Samvedna(1995), Dynamics of an Open Society (1977)
- He found keen interest in reading books and was deeply influenced by the literary works of Bankim Chandra Chatterjee and Munshi Premchand.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee wrote about hundreds of poems and adopted this style of writing poems from his father. His poems run deeply in emotions touching themes of patriotism and his love for the motherland.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee was very fond of Indian music and dance. His favorite recreation spot was Manali where he visited often and spent his time.
- Our first prime minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru was very fond of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and once predicted that Atal Bihari would become the prime minister one day.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the first prime minister to address his speech in Hindi in the United Nations.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee was regarded as the best Hindi Orator among all the parliamentaries.
He is an immoral soul who will stay in the hearts of his countrymen and when the country closes its eyes in deep thought thou shall be remembered by generations forever.